Caitlin Stasey being the hero we all deserve.
Not currently for sale, but will be.
Fluttershy and My Little Pony belong to Hasbro.
Plush is by me.
No more snow! ヽ(*＾ω＾*)ﾉ
My grandpa texted for the first time in his life today and he spit straight wisdom out of the keyboard
I love this bit cause Ramona changed her mind and Scott respected that.
I love this cuz Ramona noticed that Scott was hesitant and stopped so he wouldn’t have to (because some men think it’s chicken to back out, even though it’s not)
anon you should know better than to ask me mulan things bc i go ham with anything mulan-related.
- mulan’s transformation to soldier dude i can’t say much about this scene even though it’s my favorite and literally imo, the most beautiful scene with the most beautiful music score in any disney movie. everything is just very iconic and i like how it starts off in the pit of mulan’s despair (with rain for emphasis) and then suddenly, the music crescendos as she realizes what she has to do. the transitions (my fav. is when the sword flashes) and just the overall script-less direction make it super powerful. i just love this scene so much sigh.
- "the greatest gift and honor is having you for a daughter" when mulan “officially” saves china and gets rewarded by the emperor — that scene is arguably the most significant in the film, but imo at least for mulan’s character, this is probably the most important scene for her. mulan’s feeling of disappointment stems from her desire to make her father proud (which further extends into making herself proud). if you guys remember, the last thing he says to her before she leaves is “i know my place! it is time you learned yours.” imo, mulan essentially leaves to “learn her place.” she wants to leave a mark on the world, because she felt useless. and when she comes back, she tries to show her father everything she’s achieved for her, for him, for the whole family. and fa zhou debunks all her anxiety for proving her worth because he tells her just by being alive, just by being her — stripped of medals and achievements — she is the greatest thing to happen to the fa family. and that is so touching. she did all this stuff, but when it comes down to it, it’s her raw self, her inner character that is more important than anything else.
- everyone bowing down to the boss ass bitch IF THIS IS NOT THE MOST REWARDING SCENE IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE, THEN YOU NEED TO REWATCH. just remember - only 10 or so minutes ago, mulan was standing in that crowd telling civilian men that shan yu is still alive and they scoffed at her and turned away. because she’s a woman. AND THOSE MEN, RIGHT NOW, ARE BOWING DOWN TO HER. not only did she defeat the huns, rescue the emperor, save all of china, bring honor to the fa family, but she also defied the traditional beliefs on gender roles. which, let’s face it, is the real message disney is trying to convey here. at the end of the day, mulan is a story where the hero defeats evil, conquers, and wins. the story, when stripped of detail, is formulaic. but in this setting, she’s not just a heroine. she’s a woman who is put in unfair circumstances, yet overthrows the prejudice against her to reach her goals. the message here is not just love your family and be a hero, it’s IF MULAN CAN DO ALL THIS AND CHANGE THE WAY A SOCIETY THINKS, YOU CAN TOO. DON’T LET “SOCIETAL RULES” KILL YOUR POTENTIAL.
- a test of mental power to the top of the pole the peak of mulan’s determination tbh. if this scene doesn’t get you pumped like crazy (esp. with i’ll make a man out of you” playing in the background) then IDK. just the fact that mulan was the weakest soldier at the camp, everyone expected her to fail, and shang actually sent her home. IN A DRAFT. like you suck so much that even though men are being forced to fight, you are being sent home because you are a liability. ouch. but mulan came here to prove her worth and she’s not going to just give up. so mulan works all night and into the morning. SHE DOESN’t GIVE UP NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT IT IS. NO MATTER HOW MUCH HER BODY PROBABLY WANTED TO QUIT. NO, SHE’S GONNA MAKE IT TO THE FUCKING TOP. AND SHE DID. honestly the most inspiring disney princess ever created!!!!
- "reflect before you snack" THIS SCENE IS PROBABLY THE MOST AMUSING SCENE IN THE FILM. it’s like everything that could wrong in theory goes wrong actually. but it’s done with such comedic flare that you don’t feel bad for mulan until the end of the scene. i mean, other than being fucking hilarious, it shows how real mulan is, how she’s just like every other girl who fucks up from time to time. she’s just really normal, which i think, makes her arc more inspirational because she starts off on a very relatable level before becoming a super girl.
- you done fucked shan yu SHE’S MENTALLY SO QUICK. i get chills every time i see the huns surrounding them and then when they rush down like an avalanche AND THEN SHANG SAYS, “IF WE DIE, WE DIE WITH HONOR.” honestly, this win is more impressive to me than her actually defeating shan yu. shan yu is one dude, a really powerful dude, but one dude. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF HUNS AND FROM ONE STROKE OF MULAN GENIUS, SHE TAKES THEM ALL DOWN BY HERSELF. this is not smth they teach you at soldier boot camp this is mulan being a fucking champ and the coolest kid on the block. (LOOK AT HER SMIRK IN THE SCREENCAP. IT’S LIKE THE COMPLETE “TAKE THAT, BITCH” FACE.)
it’s okay to make mistakes!（＾ｖ＾）
date people you see yourself walking down Main Street of Disneyland with.